????????????????I hope you survived the past week’s storms intact, but in case you didn’t or know someone that didn’t, I wanted to pass along some information that hopefully will be helpful.
First, please do not use just anyone that comes knocking on your door to fix your damage! Roofers must be registered with the State and general contractors must be licensed. I know roofers, general contractors, auto body repair companies, tree removal companies – just about any damage that was done, I know someone that can fix it. Please ask for my referral list! Friends don’t let friends get storm scammed.
Second, to be prepared, Bank of Commerce offers safe deposit boxes for a very nominal fee. If you have documents stored in your home, such as birth certificates, social security cards, legal paperwork, please consider a safe deposit box. Sometimes those documents are difficult if not impossible to replace.
Third, if you or someone you know needs repairs to their house and do not have the money for the repairs, here’s how I can help:

1. 203(k) loans – these are an FHA loan that lets the borrower roll in the cost of the repairs into one loan utilizing the equity in the home.
2. Homestyle loans – similar to 203(k) loans, only these are conventional
3. 203(h) loans – IF a Federal Disaster area is declared, then this loan allows someone who has had a total loss of residence to buy a home with no money down. This applies to those living in rented homes as well.
4. VA refinance – The VA allows a veteran to refinance 100% of the value of their home. The cash available from the equity can be used for the repairs (in most instances)

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’d love to help!
By |2015-03-30T03:10:26+00:00March 30th, 2015|